Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flight into Sydney - 25 Apr - 27 Apr

*side note: I, for some reason, was unable to post any of these blogs while on the trip, so, let’s see how this works. This is the first of about 8 blogs.
Before the beginning of this trip, I had flown many times before, but never for one equivalent to the 14 hour length flight from Los Angeles to Sydney. Allow me to start with this, for one I was extremely exhausted from flying the whole day before we left Monday night and two, I had to race to the Tom Bradley International Terminal because one of my flights into LAX had been delayed and therefore I was an hour behind. It did not help that I had absolutely no idea where to go even after asking a handful of airport personnel for directions. But, thankfully, still with plenty of time to spare, I made it to the gate of departure and relaxed a little before everyone left.
As I said before, I was plenty tired before setting foot on the plane (which, by the way, is the largest plane I have ever laid eyes on. It was one of the double-decker Airbus planes that are both terrifying and beautiful all at once) so, by that point, I assumed that I would be able to sleep for a large chunk of the flight. I was wrong. Not to be such a Negative Nelly, but I was so uncomfortable in my seat. I did however attempt to keep myself busy by watching movies or listening to music, but all in all, I was way past the point of exhaustion so much that I ended up being wide awake.
However, on a positive note, I was not jet lagged, surprisingly. Thanks to Charlie and Coleen for keeping everyone awake and active all day despite our many complaints, I did not end up going to bed that night until 10:30 pm and awoke at about 7 am the next morning. How fantastic is that? Who knows if the same will happen on the trip back home? Hmmm, we’ll have to see when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment