Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sydney Opera House and Harbor Bridge at Sunset




Well the trip is officially over and man did it fly by. Personally I did not like ending the trip in Sydney. I say this because it is very expensive here and the weather isn’t the greatest. Today on my last day I went to the Botanical Gardens, it was very beautiful there. It was really cool because there were about 100 cockatoos in a tree at one time, and then they would fly on to another tree, it was a great opportunity to take a picture. There was such a variety of trees, flowers and plants there, it was also very peaceful. We continued along the walkways to a look out over the water and there in front of us was the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It was so pretty, it was the perfect time to go because the sun was setting. We positioned ourselves so that the sun was behind the Opera House, it made it look like it was glowing. I took so many pictures of it, they are all probably the same but it was just so beautiful. On the way back Sarah noticed something in the tree, they were bats, which was really cool. I have never seen anything like it before. I did not think that they were bats until one of them moved and I was able to see their wings. There was up to thirty of them in one of the trees. The walk back was also very nice, all of the trees were lit up in Hyde Park. It was nice to get out because I was in the room all day and it was a great time to get out, especially for sunset over the water. It was a great w ay to end the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment