Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Backpackers

Staying in hostels lets you encounter a great deal of backpackers travelling not only throughout Australia, but throughout the world. Most of these backpackers love meeting new people and like to have a good time. In any other hotel in the world it would not be common for someone to walk up to another person’s table and just sit down and start talking. In a hostel it was not uncommon at all to walk up to a random person sitting at a table and begin talking to them. This is what made living in hostels so much fun for me. I was able to meet so many interesting people just looking to have a good time. We would talk about where we came from, what we are doing in Australia, and anything else that was on our mind. Everyone was very friendly to you and accepted you no matter what your nationality was. If anything they would prefer you being from a random or unusual country because that just mean that they were going to learn something new. As for me being from America they always talked about the American stereotype of being loud and obnoxious. I always found this funny because many times I would sit back and watch our group of Americans sitting around other foreigners and by no surprise we were the loudest. All I could do was agree with my new friends when they brought up this stereotype. Just the fact that we could laugh about things like that automatically produced a common bond between us. I have never met so many great new people in my life than I did at the hostels we stayed at. In a sense I would say that living in hostels added to great experience I had while in Australia.

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment