Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Budgeting

As this was a small taste of living on my own I began to realize some of the tasks I need to be capable of doing to successfully live. One of the biggest challenges that I faced throughout the trip was budgeting my limited amount of money. At the start of the trip I found myself buying whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it without really caring about my slowly dwindling bank account. Once this problem quickly became apparent to me is when budgeting started. I found myself cutting back on things that had never crossed my mind before. Now I was cooking my own dinner instead of going out to eat. Since I was cooking my own food it meant I had to shop for myself. This was never a dilemma that I have had to deal with until now. At home my parents seem to take care of the necessities, and when I’m at school all I needed to worry about was having my meal card. Shopping for food mean decision making, which I found to also be a problem especially when it was my money going to use. I found myself bargain shopping for cheap food, and drinks we already to expensive for my budget so it was a lot of water all the time. This new experience was a lot of fun to me , and I enjoyed it a lot. Not only was it fun and exciting, but it also taught me a valuable life lesson. The lesson of budgeting has now been engraved in my brain for the rest of my life. Whenever I am put in a similar situation I will know be prepared and will not blow a lot of my money all at once.

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment