Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Three Day Rock Tour

I am not a camper by any means. Though I enjoy going outside, hiking, climbing, swimming, all those great activities you can do outside I love, but when I can't go back at the end of the day and brush my teeth and take a shower, I do not enjoy myself then. The three day rock tour we had was so much fun, however I complained a bit every now and then and did not have as much fun as I should had the first night, because I could not shower haha. Scott was a great tour guide though who managed to show all of us a good time. The first day we spent climbing Kings Canyon which was so much fun. I enjoy climbing and hiking alot, and after we hiked up what felt like a thousand natural steps on these giant rocks we reached our first stopping spot. It was so beautiful to look out onto beautiful Central Australia. Every moment climbing these rocks was like being placed up in heaven almost, clouds and sunshine hit us every spot we were at. Later that day we spent it by driving and collecting firewood for the fire which we were to build later that night while we slept under the stars. The meal Scott made for us that night was delicious, consisting of some chili, veggies, rice, and bread, and for vegetarians, the same minus the chili and putting beans in place of it. Sleeping was one thing I knew I was not going to enjoy that night since I'm not the biggest fan of sleeping on the ground, outside, without a shower. However, it was not that bad, minus the few mice I saw crawl infront of my sleeping bag that night and the fear I would wake up to who knows what inside my sleeping bag with me. But I managed to survive the night to the next day where we hiked Kata Tjuta which was yet another beautiful rock formation area and later that day walked a bit around Uluru and had dinner infront of it while watching the sunset. It was another day full of great experiences in the outback. On our thrid day we once again walked around Uluru, looking at many of the sacred areas there were there for the Aboriginal people in the Outback. I was a bit disappointed to learn that you could climb the top of Uluru, however we were not going to be allowed to. I tried picturing the amazing view there must be to see from the top, but also later learned it is a sacred place for the Aboriginals, so by respecting them we stayed off of Uluru. Though I am not a fan of camping, I managed to survive through it and enjoy most moments of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment