Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Journey Home

The journey home was a long one. We had around a 13 hour flight from Sydney to LAX. Sarah, Tifany, and I then had a nine hour layover, which was not fun at all. There was not a lot to do in the airport, we spent some of the day outside in the hot weather of California, and the rest of it was spent inside the airport. The time just seemed to drag on;we boarded our plane to JFK in New York around 4 pm. We got into JFK around 1 30 am, then I had a 6 hour drive home. I got in around 7 am, which messed up my sleeping habits even more. I ended up sleeping half of the day away. I am finally starting to get used to the time here. I must say that it was weird to be driving again, I almost forgot how to drive. Being on the right side of the road and passing people on the left is starting to become familiar again. I didn’t think that I would complain about certain things being expensive especially after Australia, however, I still do. Australia is a beautiful place, but it sure does feel good to be home. I can honestly say that I did not miss the squirrels when I was gone, it was nice not having them all over the place all the time. When we went up into our house in New York there were some squirrels that had made their way into the celing. We got them out however it made me miss Australia a little bit. I miss seeing kangaroos and I miss having to look right, and I miss the beautiful views.

No comments:

Post a Comment