Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Life Changes

This trip isn’t even half over and I can’t even begin to imagine how it could get better, but then I’ve said that every night since we got here. I have had some of the most important, amazing, fun, exciting, breathtaking and life changing experiences of my life in this country. I have seen things I never thought I’d see, done things I’d never even imagined and changed my perspective on various things since coming here.

One of the first nights in Sydney, Brady, Jared and I walked through the Botannical Gardens all the way to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, about a two mile walk from our Hostel. Once we got to the Bridge, their was a seat carved into the sandstone wall directly across the water from it. It was late at night on a Saturaday night so we were the only people around. Sitting in the sandstone wall, the sandstone walls on both sides blocked all peripheral vision of the park and city so the only thing we could see was this incredible view of the water and Sydney Harbour Bridge. This experience was the single most incredible moment of my life and it’s one I will never forget.

In addition to this moment, I have also had the chance to pet and feed kangarros, hold a koala, pet a dingo, ride a 4WD truck up the coast of Fraser Island, stand at the top of Indian Head and even eaten a kangaroo kabab (even though I’m a vegetarian!). This trip has opened my eyes to a world I never knew existed and changed my life for the better.

Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment