Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Jumping From Cairns

Today was our seconbd free day here in Cairns and I was unsure of what to do. I gathered up with Brittany Edwards, Mariah, Liz, and Hannah and we all decided to take a giant leap and go bungi jumping. I have never done this before however I was not nervous. I jnow they strap you in and Brina went on our first free day and said the company, AJ Hackett Cairns, has never had a single accidnet before. Knowing about this I was perfectly fine with signing my life away, my mother would think differently however, but she'll find out when I get back from Australia. Standing at the edge of the platform looking 162 feet down, you almost lose feeling with all the nerves going through your body, however I had to push them aside. I wasn't sure if I would ever be given another chance to do something like this ever again, so saying a quick little prayer and wave goodbye to everyone that came, I threw a giant smile on my face, spread my arms wide, went inot the swan jump formation and jumped! What an amazing feeling it was flying through the air and then being sprung right back up, dangling in the air. I have never felt another feeling like the one I got as I was flying through the air, dangling there at the surface of this little pond at the bottom of the platform. Climbing almost200 steps up to the platform was the worst part of this experience, however reaching the top of the platform and then jumping into nothing but air was the bext experience ever. I cannot wait to go home, show photos, and tell about this amazing experience I had while in Cairns. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment