Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Cairns Part 2

So still alive after bungy jumping, man what a rush - that was the craziest feeling ever. I jumped once forwards and then did it again backwards. Totally worth it, thinking of building an area in my backyard for one when I grow up.
Yesterday we went to the daintree river and got to see four crocs and then then went for an amazing rainforest hike - still no pretty and bright colored flowers (rainforest cafe is a false representation) - but learned and got to appreciate the rainforest for its beauty and very crucial balance.
Today we went to Fitzroy Island, We were supposed to take a 3 hr kayak tour to the little fitzroy island but the water was too choppy and it was cancelled, so we just kayaked alone in a cove. It was so awesome, I love kayaking and definately wouldn't mind looking into a two or one person kayak. It was such a work out for my abs and arms and my Dad would be so proud of how well I steered for my kayak, all those times in my childhood finally paid off. Just like riding a bike. It was kind of rainy so we took a hike to nudey beach (don't worry it wasn't a nude beach, it was named after some guy named nudey) and then the sun came out so we went down to the beach which was covered in dead coral (not comfortable for laying out or walking on). I got to jump on an ocean trampoline and we tried to snorkel, but the water was to merky from the storm, we couldn't even see our hands. It was just nice, but the weather could have made it amazing. oh well. tonight is the last night in Cairns, leaving for Alice springs tomorow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment