Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beautiful Life

One thing that has really shocked me about this country is how incredibly beautiful it is. I can’t fully describe it and pictures don’t even begin to do it justice. The land is greener, the sky is bluer, the air is cleaner, the clouds are brighter and the trees stand out more. The best way I can think to describe it is that living here is almost like living life with High Definition vision.

On one of our free days in Brisbane, Brady, Jared, Brittany, Devin, Bridget, Brittany, Jen, Brinna and I went to Lake Summerset with Matt (Brittany’s friend from Brisbane) and his family. While there, we went tubing, and some people tried to wake board and water ski. Though I was unable to do these activities because I had hurt my foot the day before, I went out on the boat with people. While on the boat I noticed that I was particularly mesmerized by the scenery. The clouds somehow looked more 3D than clouds do at home. You could see for miles and miles and the land was lush, clean and green. It was as if nothing around us was real, like we were living in a child’s fairytale storybook.

Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment