Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crisps, Chips and, french fries.



The language here is quite amusing I was talking to an Australian about their language and how they got all of these random words. She told me it was because Australian people are a little lazy so they shorten their words Breakfast is brekky and biscuits are bikkies those are the two I heard the most because of the tour guide Darren. I mostly get confused with the words for french fries and potato chips, if you walk up to a food place counter and ask can I have some chips or where are the chips if your in a grocery store they will give to you or point out the french fries. Here they call french fries chips. And if you want some potato chips you have to ask for crisps. I actually like those words better than our words for them, I may just have to continue saying them when we go back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment