Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Updates

So everything went so smoothly getting here. The plane ride was about 14 hrs long, I watched a movie and ate dinner and then passed out for about 8 hours. I was able to sleep pretty soundly and almost get a full night in. Then I had breakfast and watched another movie. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Sydney is a lot like any other city, but with a new accent. Its actually really clean and everyone is very nice. I like it a lot, but it doesn't really feel like Australia. Today we got to ride the ferry and got to see the Harbor Bridge and Opera House from the bay, it was beautiful, and the skyline with so many villas and houses was gorgeous. Made me finally feel like I was in Sydney.

The Blue mountains were really foggy so it was kind of disappointing. Only got to see an outline here and an outline there. It reminded me of the floating mountains in Avatar. It was kind of a rainforest jungle beneath the canopy so that was pretty cool. It was super muddy and I ruined my sneakers, they’ll have to be retired after this trip. Thats okay, will make room in my luggage for souvenirs. They were pretty old anyway so not a big deal, as I anticipated such an occurrence was going to happen.

Currently in Canberra, the Australian capital. Went to parliament, the U.S. Embassy and all the war memorials here. It was pretty neat, but there wasn’t much to do here. Tomorrow I go Brisbane, which is I hear is the Vegas of Australia, so it will probably be the best night life. Should be fun.

I got to hold a koala today and pet a kangaroo. Not bad for a days work. Currently in Brisbane, which I've been told is the Vegas of Australia. Fraiser island tomorrow

So went to Fraser Island and it was amazing such a beautiful and exotic place. You will not believe the pictures. It was crazy, like the desert next to the Caribbean next to the rainforest. I messed up some pictures, with the wrong exposure and then my battery died. But its okay everyone else has a lot of pictures. Still have the best yet to come, Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef and then Alice Springs and the dessert. Life is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment