Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kuranda Tour/ Sky Rail

After the Butterfly sanctuary we had a little while to look around town and then we went on the sky rail. I had a little bit of an adventure Amanda, Mariah and I were walking to the skyrail and Mariah accidentally stepped on a grub at the time we had no idea what it was at that point so I was looking around for a mud puddle because what was all over my legs looked like mud. So were looking around for what this stuff is from and we see a freshly squashed grub. It was so nasty, I would show the picture of my legs only upon request though I don't need to gross anyone out. When we found the sky rail we immediately went to the bathroom and I got all squeaky clean! We then went onto the Sky rail and saw the Rain forest from atop. The most beautiful thing about that ride is when we stopped to see the waterfalls, but it was pretty neat being so high above the Forrest. After the Sky rail was the event I have been waiting for !!!! We went to the Aboriginal culture park got to see some of their Dances and learned all about them their weapons, medicine and tribal rituals such as spearing each other for consequences of what they have done. Then we got to throw boomerangs, this is the event that I have been waiting for ever since we got here! It was so exciting, I Brina took a video of me I guess I did kinda good too. It was a really good experience. I also found out that I am horrible at even attempting playing the didgeridoo, it was quite amusing I also got a bruise from a really heavy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment