Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Return to Sydney

On the flight back to Sydney it really hit me that our amazing trip is coming to an end. Not only did I have the time of my life "down under" but I made some of the most amazing friends. On the flight back to Sydney I was able to think about the entire trip. Coming here I only knew one person really well and recognized a couple of faces. However, throught the last four weeks I was able to have some of the best times of my life with people who I hope stay in it for a long time. I was able to reflect on our first time in Sydney and then onto Canberra where I still knew very few of the kids on the trip. Then we got to Brisbane and I feel thats where everyone really started to bond. On of drive to Fraser Island as well as the whole time there I was able to really find my group of friends on this trip. The return to Brisbane as well as the remainder of the stay were my favorite parts of this entire trip. Cairns and Alice Springs just provided me with more time to get to know these people and have wonderful times that I'll never forget. As we spend our last two days in Australia, I know now that I will be forever grateful that I was handed the opportunity to come on this trip. Furthermore, I will never forget the friends I have made or the things we have done. Returning to Sydney was bittersweet because it means and end to our trip but the start of new friendships back in the States. I wish we did not have to leave this beautiful place so soon, but I've honestly had the time of my life and I owe it all to all the students in the Elmira College 2011 Australia Course.

No comments:

Post a Comment