Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pricing

One of the things that is not so positive about Australia although there is no tax, is the pricing the pricing is crazy here. The first time we went grocery shopping we were in Sydney so yes, because we are in a big city I would assume that things would be more expensive but not this expensive. A box of cereal that I saw was 10 ASD which means that it was more in American money because of the exchange rate. Its crazy even the travel size shampoo and conditioners are sold as normal bottles they are really expensive 4 AUD each and a normal size bottle is 10AUD just for 1 bottle of shampoo. At home I get 2 giant size bottles of herbal essence for 5 dollars each so 10 dollars all together were getting quadruple the amount of product for half the price. Laundry, oh my goodness laundry back home if I were to do laundry in a laundry mat it would be 3 dollars to wash dry my clothes, here it is six dollars to wash and dry one load and the dryers never dry the clothes all the way they are always damp so you have to put another 3 dollars in the machine to run it again or lay your clothes out to dry. In the end it is really expensive here which I was not prepared for the pricing to be so outrageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment